Re: Docklands Tramline works - Latrobe St pic 9/11/99

I should also mention that there are notices posted at tramstops stating that
the route 70 trams no longer travel up Spencer Street and terminate at the
Flinders/Spencer corner.  Of course, this is where they have always supposed to
have terminated, but they have 'unofficially' travelled up Spencer St since
their diversion from the old Batman Avenue in June this year.  Now that the new
tram station in Flinders Street east of Spencer Street is built, apparently its
all right to turn back there.  Having said that, on Thursday I saw at least one
No 70 travel up Spencer Street - but others did turn back.

Also of interest, the overhead wiring on the Flinders Street extension is now in
place including under the railway viaduct.  Large coils are hung from the span
wires waiting to be connected to the rest of the network.  I'd say that the
opening is not far off.