Re: Docklands Tramline works - Latrobe St pic 9/11/99

The concrete base for track has been laid West of Footscray Road (South), and
preparations are well underway for linking the current Western extent of track
in Flinders Street Extension to the isolated 200m or so of reserved track
between the World Trade Centre and Footscray Rd.  My guess is that Flinders
Street Extension and Footscray Rd will be closed one weekend soon so that the
two road crossings can be laid.

As reported elsewhere in this thread, the track in Flinders St Extension is
unusual in that it's reserved centre of the road track, and there is a 'station'
being built, complete with low-level platforms at the Trade Centre.

Related to this, the new MCG tram station is nearing completion.  It will have
by far the most substantial tram station infrastructure in the city.  Yesterday,
the concrete lift shafts were painted in Yarra Trams corporate green colour.
This indicates to me that Yarra Trams will be adopting these colours more
generally as a brand image - timetables, stations and probably on trams
themselves.  It will be interesting to see what a green and blue tram looks
like.