Rowville line, Knox Tram & Scoresby region (warning: gratuitous advertising)

Hi
Last thursday the PTUA organised a well-attended public meeting at the
Knox Civic Centre as part of our Scoresby campaign. We have succeeded
in getting the Scoresby Freeway taken off the government's agenda, but
thats only half the battle. Now we need to make the alternative package
of public transport improvements happen.

THe centrepiece of this package is the Rowville line to run either
underground from Glen Waverley or (more likely) from Huntingdale via
Monash University in the Wellington Rd median (yes, it is wide enough).

But this will not happen unless people (especially those who live in
the area, which stretches from Eltham through Ringwood, Knox &
Dandenong all the way down to Frankston) write to the Transport
Minister, Peter Batchelor, and your local MP's, and tell them you want
a train to Rowville, a tram to Knox, and better buses.

If you want any more information feel free to email me privately at
ender at axs dot com dot au (appropriately converted), or ring the PTUA
on 9650 7898

Vaughan Williams
PTUA Secretary

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/