Old passenger car. was: Re: Stawell to Grampians - and Halls Gap?

Gavin Potter wrote:

> There was a railway line (it wasn't a tramway) from Stawell towards Halls
> Gap. It actually ran to the quarry at Heatherline were sandstone for most of
> Melbournes main buildings was quarried. There was an intermediate siding but
> I can't remember its name.
> About 2 mile of the line was used as a long siding at Stawell during the
> 80's to cross long trains before Deep Leed and Great Western Loops were
> installed.

Quite a few years ago, there was the remains of a screw coupled
passenger carriage off the
end of this line. I haven't been through the area by train since, but I
wonder if it is
still there. It was very rusty and had obviously been there for many
years when I saw it.
The location was remote from a road.

John McCallum