Re: Yarra Trams (melb)

Dave McL <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
38224f47@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:38224f47@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Johann Fan wrote:
> >
> ,
> >

> > Re-launch (don't know about new timetables) of each line starting with
No70
> > in the next month or so.
>
> So with a relaunch, do they upgrade the lines with traffic separation,
> better safety at stops and so on, or is it just an expensive advertising
> campaign to puff up the existing product?

probably be the advertising campaign, maybe better timetables

> Will the trams stay green or is there a new corporate colourscheme?

do a bayside and cover up met stickers on approx 80% of the fleet and leave
the others (hillside seems to have completed the job)

> Has work begun on the Mont Albert extension to Box Hill yet? I plan to
> come over for the opening as I grew up in Box Hill and that extension
> had been talked about since I was a kid.

This is looking more and more like something that will be done as close as
possible to the contracted due date (ie sometime in 2002 I think). There
hasn't been any substantial mention of public transport since the election
except for the maglev pie in the sky to melb airport (still can't figure if
it was a beat up by HS) and better trains to country areas (to appease the
country voters)

cheers
Johann