Re: Melbourne Double deckers

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:03:50 +1100, "Kym Columbine"
<KymColumbine@bigpond.com> wrote:

>I was in Perth in early 1994 and was really impressed with the rail system
>there.  The sets were comfortable and the recorded information on board the
>trains and on the platforms very informative - especially for tourists
>unfamiliar with the system.

I was in Perth last night, walking from Northbridge to the city soon
after 10pm, across the footbridge at the western end of the station.
The "hub" nature of Perth was very evident, with trains departing in
the four directions at 10:30, 10:30, 10:32 and 10:32.

Also I was most intrigued to hear the announcement: "Midland line
passengers, the next train will depart from platform xx at 10:30 - I
say again, the next train will ...... "

I have never ever heard a platform announcement use the words "I say
again" before.

Cheers...JD