Re: Working Coditions all Enginemen. was Guards to Drive During Olympics?

Jack <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote in message
9UQT3.453$ky4.9887@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:9UQT3.453$ky4.9887@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Hi Gavin
>
> Gavin Potter wrote in message ...
>
> (snip)
>
> >The day Frank Hussy went from the AFULE was a sad day. The day the AFULE
> was
> >dissolved was an even sadder day
>
> Frank Hussey leaving the Union a sad day.... You are kidding.... this man
is
> the man most responsible for selling out enginemen in the country... One
> minute, he is a Union rep representing drivers the next he is the Hirer
and
> Firer for Nation Rail.... Look at the conditions that have been eroded
> siwnce the inception of National Rail... Look  at how happy the workforce
at
> NR are... then tell me it was sad Hussey left the Union movement...
>
> Because of his hiring policies, enginemen were forced to basically grovel
> keep the job they had been doing very competently for years, and they were
> expected to give up hard won conditions for the priviledge of working for
> this man... I remember before the NR was up and running Hussey and co,  as
> union reps, doing a tour telling enginmen to be very careful about joining
> a new company, with lower union protection etc and bugger me if within a
> couple months Frank is on another tour, this time as NR's representitive,
> tellin drivers of the new vision NR had for running a railway company... I
> think his exact description of NR was "a company for drivers run by
> drivers"..... what has happened to that ?  It has turned into just another
> top heavy company, with a disgruntled workforce.... a company, judging by
> their ambit claims in EBA negotiations, which is determined to erode
> driver's conditions even further..

Jack,
I can't comment on what Frank did in latter years, only while I knew him,
and during that time he was a great Union rep.

--
Gavin Potter
e-mail

"Planning without action is futile. Action without planning
is fatal."  -Alan Speigel.