Working Coditions all Enginemen. was Guards to Drive During Olympics?

Greg <gregg@ishug.co.nz> wrote in message
7vnb1u$i25$1@newsource.ihug.co.nz">news:7vnb1u$i25$1@newsource.ihug.co.nz...

> > There is no way that I want to be working a 9.5 hour shift, with a 20
> minute
> > mealbreak (that's all we get now, plus some walking time which makes the
> > minimum mealbreak time 32 minutes), and spending up to 4 hours driving
one
> > train without a break (that does not include changing ends at a
> terminating
> > station BTW) at the start of the shift, and doing the same thing after
my
> > meal break...
>

> sheesh typical aussie griping .. nzr drivers have done those hours for
years

Well then  [If what you say is true] New Zealand Drivers are a bunch of
Dickheads also !!
But I bet like us ,they are doing everthing in their power to return to
their hard won  working conditions as soon as possible??
If workers have to suffer 'burn-outs' before the bosses think they need to
do something, it means you are paying a union to improve your working
conditions, and you are being robbed!
Freight Victoria crews in Victoria have an average age of 47 and their are
no plans to start training new guys. It is obvious that they intend to run
Computer Training Courses to replace us as we drop! [ ..then watch out] OUR
Union is a waste of time, they lay over belly up, and do absolutely nothing
except lighten our pay  $15 a fortnight! The reason that this is
happening....No one  [almost] is interested any more. How do I fix my
working conditions? I found a good Doctor and use my sick pay! something I
never [had to] did when it was V/Line
A how to vote card included in the recent mail out for our Union Elections
outlined the many fine things they had done for Victorian Enginemen.
I looked for the Freight Victoria...V/Line Freight section to see what they
claimed they had done.........Could not find one thing..........They did not
even bother making anything up.
Get Stuffed Marotta I will give my vote to JJ at least he will chat with us.
Rod