Re: Working Coditions all Enginemen. was Guards to Drive During Olympics?

Hi Gavin

Gavin Potter wrote in message ...

(snip)

>The day Frank Hussy went from the AFULE was a sad day. The day the AFULE
was
>dissolved was an even sadder day

Frank Hussey leaving the Union a sad day.... You are kidding.... this man is
the man most responsible for selling out enginemen in the country... One
minute, he is a Union rep representing drivers the next he is the Hirer and
Firer for Nation Rail.... Look at the conditions that have been eroded
siwnce the inception of National Rail... Look  at how happy the workforce at
NR are... then tell me it was sad Hussey left the Union movement...

Because of his hiring policies, enginemen were forced to basically grovel to
keep the job they had been doing very competently for years, and they were
expected to give up hard won conditions for the priviledge of working for
this man... I remember before the NR was up and running Hussey and co,  as
union reps, doing a tour telling enginmen to be very careful about joining
a new company, with lower union protection etc and bugger me if within a
couple months Frank is on another tour, this time as NR's representitive,
tellin drivers of the new vision NR had for running a railway company... I
think his exact description of NR was "a company for drivers run by
drivers"..... what has happened to that ?  It has turned into just another
top heavy company, with a disgruntled workforce.... a company, judging by
their ambit claims in EBA negotiations, which is determined to erode
driver's conditions even further..

I agree with you tho, the demise of the AFULE was a very sad day indeed...

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year