Re: Learning to drive steam loco's

On Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:04:26 +1000, Rob Kearey
<r.kearey@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:

>Garry Hoddinett wrote:
>
>> > Is there anywhere in Australia that will teach me to drive a steam loco
>> (for a price?)

>You might also like to check out the ARHS of Queensland:
>
>http://www.arhs-qld.org.au

Not unless you're a member, unfortunately. Apparently, an
over-enthusiastic (and inaccurate)  newspaper article a few weeks ago
brought officialdom down on the ARHS and caused them to withdraw their
"driver for a day" ticket. :(

Roy (who is hoping it will be reinstated by the end of next September
so his future bride can buy him one of those tickets for a wedding
present) Wilke.  :)