Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:34:03 +1030, Jackson Harding
<jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote (and after some difficulty with the
HTML I was finally able to read.......):

>in sections over the years to become 1435mm.&nbsp; In fact, part of that
>original line is one of the preserved SA 1067mm lines (The Pichi Richi
>Railway).

I would say that there are three preserved railways on the original
3'6" line to Alice Springs.  Pichi Richi, Steamtown (at Peterborough)
and the line in the NT with the NSUs (Ghan?)

Cheers...JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html