Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

In article <WyEaOF+3c+17mbGmkv9jvlM6cODf@4ax.com>, "< Tell >"
<telljb@OZozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Heard on ABC Territory Radio this morning, a Great
> Southern Railway spokesman who said the company is
> negotiating with the consortium, to run the Ghan
> service through to Darwin on completion of the line.
> ----Terry Burton
Question: what gauge will be used in the railway: narrow (1067mm common
in Australia ?) or European (1435mm) ? I don't know which gauge the
ADL-ASP line has and assume ASP-DRW will continue at the same gauge.

I assume it will be single track without catenary. Is this true ?

thanks, rick