Re: Melbourne (Aus) 80th anniversary of suburban electrification

David McLoughlin wrote in message <37521C41.7270@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz>...
>The only place I can recall offhand where trains run on tram tracks is
>one of the Buenos Aires (Argentina) metro lines where the trains use a
>heritage tramway through a city street to get to and from their depot.

I think what GOD is referring to is the sugar tramways of Northern
Queensland. In a way, he is correct (did I just say that?) in saying a train
runs on tram lines. However, technically, they are not tramways because they
do not run on grooved rails and most do not run on roadways (since "tram" is
another word for "streetcar").

They are officially called tramways to avoid compulsory employment of
railway safeworking systems required to run them as a railway.

Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

I never seem to finish anyth

(Remove the 'Q' to reply).