Re: 80th anniversary of suburban 1500 V dc electrification

While aus.rail people spent the weekend at keyboards refining definitions,
many people went out and celebrated the 80th anniversary of the
commencement of public heavy-rail services using emus running on 1500 V dc
on lines built originally for trains hauled by steam locos.  ElecRail ran a
well-patronised six-car Tait (the four-car PTC set which has been kept at
Seymour, plus two of its own).  I accepted my own challenge and traversed
the system (starting at 4.40, and finishing at 1.14), with just the
Essendon - Brighton Beach portion aboard the special.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith