Re: 80th anniversary of suburban electrification

<<<<<Probably because the railways were only able to operate railways by
law.>>>>

David, thank you for your usual accuracy, the above is of course the real
reason that it was called a railway. I believe the Silveton situation was the
same in that only the NSW govt. could run a railway. I read somewhere that in
the planning stages the Pilbara railways were referred to as tramways too until
the WA govt passed legislation.

Mark <-- who doesn't care what you call him as long as you don't call him late
for breakfast!
Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/