Re: Who does own S317? or who has it now...

On Sun, 30 May 1999 02:07:32 (bashing the keys in the early hours),
Rod/Rufus  wrote, and I selectively quote:

>I heard that Wally Rail have the Copy Right on the name Victorian Railways

Rod,

West Coast Railways is a business name owned by The Victorian Railway
Company and has been since its inception.  I don't think it's been a
secret <g!>

AFAIK, you don't need to copyright/register a business name if it's
your company name and you can't register a company name or business
name if it's in use:  if it's not being used, you may apply to the
Registrar of Business Names (Office of Fair Trading) and seek to
snaffle the business name from the previous owner.

They picked up the name after the Vic Gov dropped it
with the introduction of V/Line/PTC/The Met..... anything but
Victorian Railways.

>now, and a birdie whispered that they also have the "blue and gold"
>Victorian Livery tied up as well

Well if they hold the company name, they might as well hold the
logo/livery:  if the Vic Gov never registered the logo/livery as a
trademark, there's no difficulty with VRC doing that.
(I'd heard that *if* they ever restored another 1st gen cab which
would be B80, they were considering painting it in blue and gold).

FYI......

A search of the ASC database (a useful URL to bookmark).....
http://www.search.asc.gov.au/gns001.html
reveals the following

Number  ACN 059 993 501
Name      THE VICTORIAN RAILWAY COMPANY PTY. LTD.
Type       Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Status     Registered
Locality of Registered Office    Geelong VIC 3220

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos