Re: Overhead Walkways at Suburban Stations in Sydney

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Thu, 27 May 1999 20:07:55 +1000 as "R F Horgan"
<rhorgan@idx.com.au> took time out from the neverending quest to rid the world
of grues and wrote:

> Forgive me for posting such a silly question but here goes.
>
> Why does State Rail go to all this expense in installing overhead walkways
> with ramps and elevators. Would it not be more practical and economical to
> build
> pedestrian tunnels under the stations.

The main reason is to cater for the few disabled passengers that use the system.

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1