Re: Problems on Geelong Line 24/5??

>How cold Rod?  I ask because I was told a couple of weeks back that loco's
>stabled overnight at Kyneton can have a problem on cold mornings - the
diesel
>freezes in the tank!  D'Oh!  Could this have been the cause?

Sorry, Craig
                      I have been on Nite shift all week, and apart from the
Signalman, have not seen any one else!
The night in Question was quite wet [cloudy] and I doubt if it was a Frosty
Morning!
I think it may have been flat batteries, which would have explained the
failure of both
power units. Maintenance will be a big problem with the New Owners, and I
suspect we will go down hill a way yet before it gets better..same as
England??
Kyneton is a particularly cold spot, Calder Highway often freezes over, and
the environs of the station are particularly cold!! A few years ago they
used to put the P's
in the Goods Shed, so as to enable them to be started.
At other times they used to pick them up on suitable Dn Goods and take them
to Bendigo, returning them to Kyneton in the morning.
Rod