Re: New St. Leonards Station

Ben Staples wrote:

> David Bennetts <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
> 374b2ab9.0@newshost.pcug.org.au">news:374b2ab9.0@newshost.pcug.org.au...
>
> **SNIP**
>
> > I also
> > noted some major work going on between Chatswood and Artarmon in the
> earthen
> > cutting, with pre-cast concrete panels being used to shore up the walls.
> No
> > doubt this work is in preparation for the laying of the two extra tracks.
>
> I hate to point this out, but the retaining wall construction has nothing to
> do with the preperation for quadruplication, but everything to do with an
> unstable cutting that was/is slumping towards to track.

The area has been like that for some time. There was a concrete retaining wall
holding the cutting and for a time it was reinforced with some old rail lengths
to keep it from coming down!

The down side cutting also has a similar problem, but that was fixed a few years
ago with a rock and wire retaining wall.

Jon