Re: looking on with responsibility

It's simple.... rail enthusiasts are an "easy" soft target.

I remember being trackside at Nth Geelong "C" last year when ASR still
ran the TNT train.  As the train passed, I noted a tarp covering the
side of a container had come loose and was dragging along the side of
the wagon perilously close to the trailing bogie (on the opposite side
to the signal box).  I counted wagons to the end of the train, then
ran over to the box, where the signaller radioed the train crew who
promptly halted near Elders siding.  I noted them tying up the side of
the container as I crossed over the line on the highway.

Tell me, Barry, am I the sort of "trespasser" you're really after?  I
contend only a railfan would understand the potential problem and know
who to contact to help correct the problem
Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos