Re: Queensland Rail Tilt Train

haggis wrote in message <3749223A.245F@one.net.au>...
>haggis wrote:
>>
>> Rod wrote:
>> >
>> > Our local news at Albury reported last night that the "tilt" now holds
an
>> > Australian speed record of 211 kph....but no info as to if it was a
>> > programmed attempt or an accident!
>> > Rod
>>
>> Can you accidently go 5p kph over your maximum speed??????
>I meant 50kph over:((
A few months ago [probably about 30] I was trying to stay in front of the
XPT near Craigeburn with little luck, as I needed to slow the Sprinter for
the curve beyond the station!
The XPT driver must have forgotten his curve Speed, and was equally intent
on passing me....now I am not saying he was 50 kph over it, but not all XPT
Drivers do 130 in Victoria, and thats a fact! and I am equally sure that his
over speed on this curve was an accident!!
Rod :o)
ps. amazing what a difference it makes with all these different boss's  wink
wink nudge nudge