Re: Steam at standard fares

In article <6%R03.33283$MB3.52346@newsfeeds.bigpond.com> <glillic@msn.com.au> writes:
>From: <glillic@msn.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Steam at standard fares
>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:13:44 +1000

>Keith Malcolm wrote in message ...
>>
>>Why not run the 38 all the way to Junee? Water is an obvious issue, but not
>>one that can't be over-come fairly easly.
>>
>>Dave Malcolm

>Dave

>        Getting CountryLink to agree to this proposal might not be all that
>easy. Apart from the slower running time of a 38-class, the water problem is
>much greater that you estimate. The time to take water from available
>sources at Moss Vale, Goulburn, Yass Junction and Harden is ultra slow.
>There is no way that the advertised times could be kept. An earlier posting
>suggesting steam haulage as far as Moss Vale would be about the limit.
>Putting a water gin on to the train would reduce the available carriage
>composition and there is the problem of sufficient crews qualified to drive
>south of Goulburn.

>Geoff Lillico
>Office Manager
>3801 Limited
>trains@f6.com.au

>www.globalpresence.com.au/3801/3801.htm

Trust me, water is not somthing I under estimate. None of these issues are
impossible to over come. I personally wouldn't run a gin as when that gets low
it would take to long to fill. I never said it would be easy to over-come
either, it would just take some forward planning.

Dave Malcolm

P.s. It would be realy good to see