Re: Steam at standard fares

M.G.Smith (gard@bigpond.com) wrote:
> I wounder if I will ever see our steam trains run at standard CityRail
> fares?

It was done from Sydney to Newcastle in 1995 for the 140th anniversary.

What would be more popular, easier to organise/path and more profitable
might be having SL15 steam hauled from Sydney to Goulburn. The 422 can
take over from there. Add a few extra 3801 Limited cars which go back the
same afternoon. A nice profitable day trip. The only time lost would be a
few extra minutes at Moss Vale to take water.

Cheers
David