Re: Martin Place Indicators

In <374039A7.D89168EA@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>I saw the new indicators at Martin Place, and I am quite impressed.  They are
>very clear to see.  I have two complaints:

>1)  They still think Erskineville and St Peters are on the Illawarra line, so
>the all stations to Hurstville train described as "Limited Stops" when it should
>really read "All Stations"

But it's *not* all stations, since if there are platforms there, even though
Illawarra trains pass by, they are still counted as valid stopping
locations.

>2) The time runs off an (incredibly reliable and deadly accurate) computer
>clock, so the time is never really 100% accurate.  Unfortunately, the clock is
>over 20 seconds slow as of today, so late running passengers think that the
>train is leaving early. (This is a problem with all the new SPIs that link to a
>computer clock).

How many times have you left Bondi Junction dead on time on one of the late
night trains? Hmmm? 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport