Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.

In article <37427BD7.953F0BA7@pipeline.com.au> stephen <hannam@pipeline.com.au> writes:
>From: stephen <hannam@pipeline.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Melton - Bacchus Marsh close revisited.
>Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:52:40 +1000

>It was worked out it wasn't viable to run trains from Ballarat via Geelong
>as most off the passengers come from along the track. Also what happens to
>the Ballan people?
>Run a bus just for them.

Since no country passenger rail services in Victoria or indeed anywhere else
in Australia have ever made a profit , does this mean that it is not viable to
run them , ie should we close down all pass services just because they are
unviable.
If a pass service cant be run between Geelong and Ballarat because of the
dopey safeworking system , then get rid of the system.
What a total bloody joke.

MD