Re: C lass is dead! long live the X!

MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990517042256.24404.00001411@ng-fw1.aol.com>...
>Don't hold your breath waiting for a 3000 hp X class, it cant be done!
>
>Mark.
Seems to me I saw a picture of a converted EMD V20 converted into a V16 with
a 4cyl compressor in line, and they said that that could not be done also.
Never say never, Mark, it will bite you every time.
As far as doing this conversion, I am with you, it would be just as stupid
as rebuilding the B's. One of the few good things our Cab Committee did at
that time was get the numbers reduced, and the N's increased to compensate.
What we need is new Engines!!
cheers Rod ;o)