Re: N class and pass cars replacing Sprinters replacing Bluebirds?

On 16 May 1999 16:47:40 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote,
and I selectively quote:

>Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the guv was quite clear that the bits
>were to be sold off to "seperate" operators, have they changed this policy? or
>am I getting mixed up with the tram/spark selloff?

Elsewhere I've posted the URL for an article in today's "The Age"
which lists Railamerica and Nation Express as finalists for VLP.

Winning VLP gives the successful bidder the passenger locos and
rollingstock and gives them the right to run government determined
franchised routes.

They may then bid for other routes as the contracts come up for
re-tendering.

Regards

Yuri
--