Re: Vandalism?

In article
<Pine.SOL.3.96.990516024806.18850H-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au>, Gareth
Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 May 1999, Daniel wrote:
>
> > Has anyone noticed a significant increase in vandalism on trains?
> > Especially graffiti, it seems once the PTC gets on top of it, it seems to
> > come back just as quick...
>
> Yes, and most people I have spoken to recently has also.
> I'm not too sure where all the spraying is happening.
>
> > Something wrong with today's youth?

Here where I work (Melbourne Uni, Medical bldg) on one of the walls in the
foyer are mounted some of the long desk tops from one of the original
lecture theaters in the Uni.  They are full of carved in graffiti from the
early 20th century, mounted as a curio.  I guess what it is showing is
nothing really changes, only the technology makes it easier today

OTOH, we (steamrail) recently suffered a graffiti attack on the Goulburn
car.  One day we will catch someone at it, and if they are reallly lucky,
we'll call the police!!!!

--
Stuart Thyer
Photographer-Department of Anatomy