Results from Bombala.

Just returned from Bombala last night.

Come home to fine that I couldn't get on to Aus. rail, Netscape strikes
again.
So now I have lost all previous msgs before today.

Tried to call into all the stations along the way between Canberra and
Bombala.
The guys at ARHS Canberra need to look after their stations more!
Cooma station looks great. Went on a ride on one of their CPH rail
motors.
the Rail motor looks great. They use a form of staff and ticket system.
There are a few peculiarities in their working but I won't mention them
here.
For what they have done full marks.
They have invited all and sundry to attend the official opening on the
weekend 22/23 May.

In the rumors dept: It is rumored the Austrac want to use Cooma as a
depot for log operations and if so, would require the 3 level crossings
to be put back in. The track otherwise seems to be in good nic.

Between Cooma and Bombala the track is cut in about half a dozen times.
Nimatabel (hope I spelt it right) station is a shock!
Some clown appears to own it. he parks his truck across the line. The
building itself seems structurally ok but needs some T.L.C!

Bombala station is largely complete.
All buildings have their windows smashed. The station building has its
windows covered by sheets of blue metal across them.
The scales or weigh bridge still work. I drove my car on to it and got a
reading! As with all the buildings the humpy attached to the scales
needs glass and a coat of paint.
I went down armed with all my train keys but found that all the SRA
locks have been replaced on all building with locks fitted. the perway
shed included. Bummer 'cause I was sent down to see what was in there.
Most of the track is still there. The petrol siding has been pulled up
along with a few rails near the goods shed. A few of the rails have been
covered over to let cars etc cross. One of these crossings prevents the
"throw over" lever from changing the points.
The 2 lever ground frames still work ( there is 2 of them) but you have
to clear the shit out of the key hole. (btw does anyone know why there
is two annet locks, one on the FPL lever and one on the points lever on
one of the ground frame?)
The turn table is still complete but has been spiked into one position.

Thanx to all who responded to my  original post.

rgds