Re: City Rail Guards

>Have you been to Town Hall station in the afternoon peak?  If not, go there
>before comparing Sydney with Melbourne again.

Try school kids concentrated on platforms around 3pm to 3.30pm then that
would be a fair comparison. Good examples are Camberwell (guessing) and East
Camberwell (I know - all trains depart the not too large centre platform
until 4.12pm or thereabouts and there are a number of schools whose kids
catch the train to/from there eg CGSC, CGS, among others.)
Some stations Ringwood to Box Hill probably compete judging by the
overcrowdedness of the trains leaving Box Hill every 3-4 minutes during peak
hour. Someone travelling on this line could give you a more accurate answer
here. The fact the car parks (many over 1000 spots I think) fill by 7.30am
before the intensive service is in full swing should give you some idea too.

Of course, living on the Epping line, this is no problem...8^(