Re: City Rail Guards

Michael Walker wrote:

> >Have you been to Town Hall station in the afternoon peak?  If not, go there
> >before comparing Sydney with Melbourne again.
> >
> Try school kids concentrated on platforms around 3pm to 3.30pm then that
> would be a fair comparison. Good examples are Camberwell (guessing) and East
> Camberwell (I know - all trains depart the not too large centre platform
> until 4.12pm or thereabouts and there are a number of schools whose kids
> catch the train to/from there eg CGSC, CGS, among others.)

What about Glenferrie - We have Swinburne University of Technology, Scotch
College, Methodist Ladies College, Xavier College, Trinity Garmmar School,
Ruyton Girls Grammar School and St. Kevins College.

> Some stations Ringwood to Box Hill probably compete judging by the
> overcrowdedness of the trains leaving Box Hill every 3-4 minutes during peak
> hour. Someone travelling on this line could give you a more accurate answer
> here. The fact the car parks (many over 1000 spots I think) fill by 7.30am
> before the intensive service is in full swing should give you some idea too.

Actually, Mitcham has the largest commuter carpark - 700 spaces!

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                       Email: chani@translib.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.