Re: R711 ka put again

On Sat, 15 May 1999 22:19:11 +1000, Notagunzel <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>harry wrote:
>
>> seems the blue r class didn't get too far today before shitting itself.
>
>> When are they ganna get it right
>
>I hear the Mechanical lubricator was found dead at Winchelsea on the
>down, all pax were bussed to Warrnambool, a bit was pinched off R 707
>(hope they charge the going rate for component rental!!) taken to
>Winchelsea, and the Big Blue Kettle continued onwards ety cars to form
>the 1705 up.  Dunno how the up went though.
>
>I just had a thought, d'ya think a diesel would be more reliable?

You pose the question would a diesel be more reliable than R 711?

I would suggest that Freight Victoria (formerly V/Line Freight) that they have
been constantly hiring locomotives to keep their service going. The answer must
surely be not if the diesels are provided by West Coast Railway.

Perhaps the one million dollars plus to restore R 711 might have been better
spent elsewhere.
Christine Sweetnam
Email chrisrs@ozemail.com.au