Re: signalling - renewing an old thread re GCOR rules

Maurie Daly wrote:

> In relation to the home arrivals on the Ne SG , you get a R/R/Y for a number
> of differant reasons of which some dont make sense.
> For a train arriving in the No 1 road but having a departure set to R/R it
> should be a Y/R on the home arrival , not a R/R/Y.

Victorian Ideas on overlap protection, dating from the initial loops at
Rock and Drome.  Thats why the Western CTC has 100m overlaps beyond the
Departure.

> R/R/Y normally means proceed at low speed as the next section may be occupied
> ,which in 99% of the cases on the NE SG isnt the case.

Actually, I suspect a driver seeing RRY on an arrival thinks "cross" not
"low speed", so what happens if a driver motors into a loop one day and
finds another train already in the loop?  Could argue the train
controller should have warned the engineman, but I don't think thats
exactly 'best practice'.

> An argument may be advanced as to why a R/R/Y is suitable for a train arriving
> into the No 2 road if the turnout speed is 20km/h or less but if we accept
> this argument then the departure aspect from the same road should also be
> R/R/Y which it isnt.

Overlap etc.

> I dont know of anywhere else in VIC that you will get a R/R/Y to enter the
> thru road of any crossing loop if the loop section itself isnt occupied.

Rockbank, the Up home unusually has a full target around the 'c' light

> This thread has been done to death though so lets leave it for now.

Never give a sucker an even break :o):o):o):o)

--
Mr B.
On The Run From The Gunzel Squad.