Re: signalling - renewing an old thread re GCOR rules

<<<<<> I dont know of anywhere else in VIC that you will get a R/R/Y to enter
the
> thru road of any crossing loop if the loop section itself isnt occupied.>>>>>

RRY was the standard VR aspect at loops until Western line CTC. Bank Box, was
one and a few places down the Eastern line.

I'm not sure if I dislike the NE SG RRY or the crazy Western line speed proving
more.
No one has yet to provide me with even a semblance of a reason to have speed
proving where no train stops are fitted

<< Actually, I suspect a driver seeing RRY on an arrival thinks "cross" not
"low speed", so what happens if a driver motors into a loop one day and
finds another train already in the loop?  >>

Thats already happened, ask Sid Preist, (actually you can't, Sid died a few
years ago, rest his soul)

There was only one reason for RRY, VR was cheap, simple as that.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/