Re: TRain frequencies for NSW

Railway Rasputin wrote:

> I have ben entering the run number shown in our diagram books, which is the same as
> the drivers except that they don't have the run. ie the driver has 34j, I use 34, the
> driver has 34bc, I use 34b.

When the train radio first started service, I used to append "GARD" at the end of the run
number, as I could not be sure of what the driver would enter.  When the DC3 drivers
pages were issued I started using the train number without the trip (like you).

> Since using this, I have not had any problems from the box including the arseholes at
> Sydenham.

The boxes are not the problem.  "Mechanical Control" (Defects) are the ones who get all
shirty.  Usually, if I have a problem that *needs* repairing, I will CS and ask for a
PABX transfer to 70410/70413.  If they still pick that I am using their precious little
radio, I will pull up at the next station and fill out their dumb little Train Status
Report, then fax it to them 4 times and ask the SM to ring them up and demand an
equipment examiner.
I had an 8 car tangara going to Penrith one afternoon, and I called them reporting a
range of defects that I wanted attended to at Lidcombe.  They abused me for using the
train radio.  There was no equipment examiner at Lidcombe.  As 2 cars had defects
affecting passenger safety, and another 2 cars had defective air conditioning, I isolated
the rear 4 cars of the train at Penrith.  Upon arrival at Central, there were two ETR
inspectors and three equipment examiners there.  The three equipment examiners went to
fixing the defects, and the ETR inspectors wanted to know why we had lost 15 minutes from
Penrith.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard