Re: TRain frequencies for NSW

vk2vkgausisstupid@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> HEllo I have noticed a lot of messages from people who want to know about the
> train radio here in NSW.The list here is a couple of years old but the
> frequencies for the train radio have not really changed. The freq. are the
> ones around 418 and 419mhz. The train radio uses data as well when the driver
> calls the box or whoever else he calls. I am working out a way to dec0ode
> this data. THe old FREQ. of 450.050mhz statewide channel is still used,
> mainly by the guards because the guards are to stupid to learn how to use a
> computer assisted radio.

Written by someone who is too stupid to get the shift key right, or should I say
someone who is too stupid to use the carriage return key?

All the guards are qualified in how to use the computer radio, and in fact attend
the same radio course as the drivers, but the train radio console in the crew
compartment is only available when the driver's controls are cut in.  (Some of
the less stupid guards even know how to fire up a tangara radio without a key).
When a guard uses the train radio on a tangara to call defects, usually abuse
follows from the person at the other end.  Even if the "stupid" guards were able
to use the radios, how would they log them in to the system, as the driver has
already logged the trip number, which cannot be duplicated on another radio.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard