Re: TRain frequencies for NSW

David Johnson wrote:

> vk2vkgausisstupid@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> > HEllo I have noticed a lot of messages from people who want to know about the
> > train radio here in NSW.The list here is a couple of years old but the
> > frequencies for the train radio have not really changed. The freq. are the
> > ones around 418 and 419mhz. The train radio uses data as well when the driver
> > calls the box or whoever else he calls. I am working out a way to dec0ode
> > this data. THe old FREQ. of 450.050mhz statewide channel is still used,
> > mainly by the guards because the guards are to stupid to learn how to use a
> > computer assisted radio.
>
> Written by someone who is too stupid to get the shift key right, or should I say
> someone who is too stupid to use the carriage return key?
>
> All the guards are qualified in how to use the computer radio, and in fact attend
> the same radio course as the drivers, but the train radio console in the crew
> compartment is only available when the driver's controls are cut in.  (Some of
> the less stupid guards even know how to fire up a tangara radio without a key).
> When a guard uses the train radio on a tangara to call defects, usually abuse
> follows from the person at the other end.  Even if the "stupid" guards were able
> to use the radios, how would they log them in to the system, as the driver has
> already logged the trip number, which cannot be duplicated on another radio.
>
> --
> David Johnson

David,

I have ben entering the run number shown in our diagram books, which is the same as
the drivers except that they don't have the run. ie the driver has 34j, I use 34, the
driver has 34bc, I use 34b.

Since using this, I have not had any problems from the box including the arseholes at
Sydenham.

Try it and see

rgds