Re: Model Railroad Pine Trees

john.humphrey@gecits-ap.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Many american modellers construct pine tree models using
> "furnace filters".  Is there an equivalent filter/fibre
> product available in Austraila that can be subsitited for
> the furnace filter.
>
> (Furnaces are pretty scarce here in Perth).

The description has been lost in the translation! Furnaces in the US are
found in most basements. We call them central heating units. If you go to a
major air conditioning/central heating company you can buy a life time
supply. The filters are a stiff open fibre material much like a ScotchBrite
dishwashing pad (these have also been used to do the same thing).Bob
Backway