Re: ATTN DAVID B RE 32'S IN TIBET

Allan Marsh Wrote:
It gets used just about every day of the year for limestone trains and on
weekends for Bluebird Rail's wine tours - I'd love to see commuter
services on the line.
The Morphetts Wrote:
(He's talking about some little know South Australian Branch line hre folks)
But you just proved my point Allan - rail lines have the best opportunity to make money when they are fully occupied every hour of every day - Sydney Suburban System not included.
> David Johnson wrote
> >
> >Just out of shot was a rake of PCX Inflatable Popcorn wagons.

Paul Hogan wrote:
According to the latest Ales Digest, these wagons were acquired by NRC (and
 then stored out of use ) and are now coded NPCX.
Eddie Oliver wrote:
If I recall the original report (many years ago) in Ales Digest
correctly, there was a problem with the popcorn hoppers flying into the
air on steep grades like Tumulla. Has NRC overcome that problem, or are
they still heavily route-restricted?

Eddie

Is it not true that they took to placing the loads in little fold up bags ready for microwaving, but this also failed because the popcorn popped every time a wagon passed one of NSWGR's microwave towers?
Graham

--
The Coramba Creek Timber Company's Railway
Web Page: