Re: Signs next to the track

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what the following mean:
> Two horozintal white lines on a overhead pole
> Two white lines at 45Deg " "  "   "

These refer to coasting, accelleration, etc, etc.

I'm not sure which one actually means which one, but..

I *THINK* the horizontal lines mean only medium power is required, and the
45Deg lines mean cut off all power and coast.

Supposedly this is done to decrease electricity costs, and supposedly it
does. :)

I'm told that originally that there were different boards for Taits,
Harrises, etc, but now they are all standard.

Hope this helps - information is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Andy