Re: Signs next to the track

: > And where in Melbourne can you find points with normal speed/curve boards
: > like Belgrave, Blackburn?

: Upwey is the only other one off the top of my head, this practice appears to
: have not been used recently, eg at Lyndbrook & Cranbourne.

Belgrave and Upwey are because the section to the next signal is very long
and Medium speed is too slow.

Blackburn (might be high speed points, as the curve board is 60) is just
saving money as they would have to change the signals before to show
reduce to medium speed.

Burnley has a set from the Up through to the Up local they are high speed
points and the signal will show normal speed for either move, I think
this is only the case because line speed is only 55km/h there (ie
less than 65km/h)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord