Re: guard/driver training (was: "Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe")

<< > 5 weeks, I could have a newbie 90% of the way to being a good spark driver
in
> that time.

I presume this is on the electric trainset in your lounge room.  Its
certainly not on the CityRail system >>

What makes Sydney different to anywhere else? Are the trains more complicated
to drive? 3 months I could turn you out a good spark driver, perhaps another 6
to learn all the tracks around Sydney. It's not rocket science and perhaps
unlike you, I have been there, done that, (been a spark driver that is)

If you are a spark driver I will say its good to be proud and defensive of your
job but reality rears its ugly head sooner or later.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/