Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

In article <3739c3ce.1520653@news.enternet.com.au> steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J Sos) writes:
>From: steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J Sos)
>Subject: Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors
>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:54:42 +1000

>Maurie Daly wrote, and I selectively quote:

>>A bit of clarification needed here.
>>Does this mean that ARTC controls the corridor from Sth Dynon Jnct to
>>Albury,or West Footscray Jnct to Albury.

>According to "usually reliable sources" ARTC thinks it controls ALL SG
>track in the region (including Spencer Street Station), including that
>SG track which has a check rail 6½ inches outside one of the SG's
>rails.

>Sim Street Jn (was Sth Dynon Junction) to West Footscray Junction is a
>vexatious bit of line with ARTC, VicTrack and FV all with an interest
>in the track there.  One piece of idle speculation I've heard is that
>FV will take over the down line and ARTC the Up line, each ripping out
>the unwanted third rail.

Thanks for this Yuri,the above concept ie converting the double dual guage
track to 2 X single guage tracks actually makes sense,in that it does
practically segregate the 2 networks as much as one could realistically hope
for,and allows for the SG line to be increased to 60 kg/M rail on concrete.

I guess the double dual guage track around from Totty Box to Brooklyn will be
a vexatious one.
Would also be worth while converting Brooklyn to Newport to 1 X SG and 1 X BG
both isolated in train control terms.
This also allows 60 kg/M rail from Brooklyn to Newport.
Cant do much about the back road thru Newport though.

Any ideas  as to what happens to the BG line between Albion & Jacana.
This was traditionally controlled by the NE SG controller.
Wouldnt make any sense to perpetuate this with ARTC.
Ive often wondered whether this odd arrangement has anything to do with the
load limits on the Moonee Ponds Creek bridge, ie can we have two trains on
this bridge at the same time, same problem as the Murray River bridge.

cheers
MD