Why the IP ended up on Platform 5

Hi David...

David Proctor wrote in message <7h6g0k$8b$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
>Todays inward Indian Pacific arrived on Platform 6 at Sydney Central -
>unable to ascertain why (I was arriving on a Blue Mountains train) and
>unable to say whether WL1 left from Platform 1.
>
>Interesting too was that SP20 Canberra XPL arrived on Platfrom 7. NP23 was
>on Platofrom 2 and cars from NT4 were on Platform 3 - MotoRail wagons were
>in the dock - so I am not sure what the problem was.

I saw all that too..... the reason for the f**k up  was a walkoff by Country
link On board Staff over an industrial issue.... re door closing procedures
on XPT's.. a PSS had been stood down on the weekend over an incident at
Henty, where a woman jumped from a moving XPT...

As a result Sydney Station became very congested as NO Countrylink services
left Sydney on time... WT27 was on Platform 1, ST2 was on 2, NT3 was on 3
and SP19 was on 4, that ws why the IP ended up on 5...  As a result WT27/28
was cancelled and replaced by busses as was SP 19.... NT3 was also cancelled
and replaced by busses.... the set for ST3 was still at Meeks Road.. The set
on platform 3 was transposed from NT3 to ST3.... and the Set originally
rostered on ST3 work NT3 MT cars to Grafton departing Meeks Road at 1025..
this set ran via Enfield.... On arrival at Grafton the MT cars will form NT4

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year