Re: 3801 hauls Tangara

Derick Wuen wrote in message <37354a88.0@iridium.webone.com.au>...chop

>Power is one thing, computerised signalling another. What about Y2K
>compliance of Sydney area signalling and telecomms? 3801+Tangara + pilotman
>working, at Circular Quay?
>
>The more I think about it, the more I'm likely to stay in bed on 01/01/00.

3801 Limited are still checking on the Y2K compliance of 3801. There is a
good chance that new software for the piston rods will need to be written
and downloaded during the current overhaul. The valve gear will most likely
revert to 1900 designs at the stroke of midnight 31st Dec. The DoT and RAC
requests for compliance assurances have not yet been fulfilled. Therefore I
can make no guarantee that 3801 will be able to assist in clearing that
Tangara from Circular Quay. The Powerhouse's 3830 was checked by Ross and
Andrew and they assure us that it will survive into the next millennium.

Geoff Lillico
Office Manager