Re: Electric Staff in Victoria

Notagunzel wrote:

> Stories are floating around about the proposed straight railing of Hastings
> and Crib Point.  Associated are plans to alter the Stony Pt pass to stable
> at Frankston in lieu of Crib Point.  I'm wondering how the safeworking will
> be arranged, 'spose Hastings could be a non-crossing staff station?

True enough and there is no problem about a non-crossing staff station. But
there will have to be some instructions about only having one train beyond Long
Island Junction at a time I would think in order that the second train could
not arrive at Hastings and find it occupied with an opposing train. Or maybe
the Hastings - Stony Point staff could be carried by the pass all the time.

There was an interesting situation some years ago at Violet Town where they put
in a closing lever without including the staff instruments in the circuit.
There was nothing to prevent Benalla and Euroa sending opposing trains towards
Violet Town with ALL the signals hanging off. Needless to say it was black
banned before it was used the first time and the closing lever was only used
after TO's had arrived, and then it was no use for all the pass because it
closed for the non platform straight road.

David.