Re: Tram W?? No.676

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in message
37318E64.AD01B1EF@ancc.com.au">news:37318E64.AD01B1EF@ancc.com.au...
> btab wrote:
>
> Snip
>
> X2 676 has only one trolley pole as you correctly observed and it is swung
> round by the conductor every time that the tram reverses direction. Go to
> Ballarat and Bendigo for examples operating every weekend.

If you're very lucky! Every time I visit a vintage tramway in Aust, they're
running ex-Melborne W5s or later - usually trams that never ran on the
systems concerned, and which are very similar to the Ws still running daily
in Melbourne! Even Bendigo, which made such a huge fuss about keeping ALL
its Birneys! And they ARE unusual!

Ron BEST