Re: Sydney Airport Rail

In article <OIOX2.4$pk6.346630@news0.optus.net.au>,
David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:
>Ron BEST (ronbest@bigpond.com) wrote:
>> AFAIK the trains will be run by Cityrail as an integrated part of the
>> existing network. The stations will be operated by the consortium and
>> premium fares will apply to travel TO and FROM those stations, but normal
>> distance-based fares will apply to travel VIA the new line where originating
>> and terminating stations are both on existing lines.

>So what happens if you buy a ticket from Central to Wolli Creek and get
>off at Domestic?

  You can't exit the station. :-) Same deal at Olympic Park. A ticket from
Sydney to Lidcombe wont get you off the platform at Olympic Park, you
need the special ticket.

 I presume the barriers will be programmed to reject otherwise valid
tickets. The station staff would then charge you the surcharge before
letting you leave.

 I dunno how this fits in with the current railway bi-laws, as if you have
a ticket that is valid at Wolli Creek and Mascot they would be hard pressed
to argue that the ticket is invalid at Domestic or International stations
that are located between the above two.

 Olympic Park they could at least argue isnt on the direct path between
Flemington and Lidcombe. :-)