Re: Surrey Hills - another crossing failure

Actually this mornings bank up was not due to a crossing failure. The 4D had
broken down just before the crossing. Passengers at Box Hill at 8.10am were
told that there would be no more trains on platform 4 until further notice
due to a broken down train. The monitor on platform 4 showed 8.10 Lilydale 4
minutes. (Presumably this was either wrong or the system allowed for the
broken down train and assumed this was the next train). The 8.08 up
Blackburn was obviously cancelled and the 8.14 departure form Box Hill
altered to stop all stations to Camberwell then express
Camberwell-Glenferrie-Richmond. At 8.20 we passed the stricken 4D with a 6
car Comeng on it's tail either presumably being coupled up or about to be.
This was followed by trains banked back to Canterbury platform (a Comeng,
two Hitachis one right behind the other and another Comeng at the platform
at Canterbury). Another Comeng was leaving East Camberwell as we approached.
Anyone know why it broke down or what happened after this?