R711 - Steaming again

R711 today ran a test train from Ballarat - Geelong and return with
T363 and 5 cars in tow, including a PCO and the ex-Sth Aurora
Restaurant car, both now lined in WCR colours and looking really
spiffy.

The R left Ballarat about 0800, and Geelong about 1230.  The return
journey was at about 80-90 km/h, but once past Lal Lal, I was falling
behind him at mt legal limit of 100 km/h (naturally <g!>) so I'd guess
they ran Lal Lal to Navigators at 115km/h.

Judging by the smiles on the faces of WCR directors and workshops
people on the loco at Ballarat, it looks as though R711 will be ready
for service on Thursday morning.

I hope to have photos on my web page very late tonight (will post as a

Also saw WCR aus.railer Craig Haber working hard as conductor on this
train.

Regards

Yuri
--